What are Vertical Surfaces?
Finding different ways of encouraging vertical surface play is great for your toddler. It helps develop shoulder stability, wrist strength and is just great for a different way of play!
- Blackboards are great (though you may need to remove the legs like I have in the picture), or just some blackboard paint on some masonite on the fence outside.
- Bath pens are great for drawing on the walls of the bath or shower or just dyed shaving cream
- Magnets on the fridge is another easy way of doing vertical surface play. (If your toddler doesn't put everything in their mouth!)
- Painting, stickers, stamps, drawing are great for on vertically pinned paper
- Whiteboards are also fun, have you seen the Crayola whiteboard crayons??? They are fun!